8 Jul 2020
New safety measures introduced as The Mill re-opens
As we open our doors to The Mill cafe, we’ve introduced new safety measures.
We’re pleased to be able to welcome you back to The Mill and reveal our brand new extended area, which has been a huge benefit in helping us to introduce new safety measures for the protection of our wonderful customers, volunteers and staff.
Some things might be a bit different, but we’ll still be offering a warm and friendly welcome, delicious food, and supporting the incredible work of our beloved charity, St Catherine’s Hospice.
Before you visit, please note:
- Government guidance currently says that indoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households (including support bubbles) while outdoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households or a group of at most six people from any number of households.
- Pre-bookings only (we are not taking any walk-ins) and we are keeping a record of customers and visitors for 21 days to assist NHS Test and Trace with requests for data if needed.
- We’re using screens to separate staff from customers at reception.
- We have adapted our table layout to ensure we follow 2m social distancing guidelines.
- We are asking people to arrive on time (not too early or late) as we have staggered bookings, which reduces the need for customers to queue outside.
- We are asking customers to use hand sanitiser facilities as they enter the Mill.
- There is a one way flow, with a separate entrance to exit. Staff will also use a one way system.
- Using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
- Staff who take orders or bring food to tables, who cannot be socially distanced by 2m will wear face masks.
- We are also ensuring staff further increase the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning, especially touch point areas.
- Reducing the number of people each person has contact with by using ‘fixed teams or partnering’ (so each person works with only a few others).
- We will be using disposable menus, and not placing cutlery or condiments on the table.
- We have allowed a 10 minute turnaround per table so that every table will be cleaned with sanitiser after table vacated.
- Please can we remind customers who are accompanied by children that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines.
- We are only accepting card and contactless payments (no cash) currently. We will be taking payment at the table so there is no need for you to queue.
- We are now closing at 4pm each day to enable a daily deep clean.
If there is anything else specifically you would like us to answer please do let us know by emailing email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support of The Mill and St Catherine’s Hospice.